Apr 7, 2008

Barrow. Lend. Prosper(.com)

Prosper.com
A year or two ago I read about the Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus who developed a successful micro-lending strategy for developing nations. A few sites sprang up which resembled Ebay or Paypal that enabled average people to lend increments of money to small businesses in developing nations.
I started searching for sites geared toward lending money to "developing families" in the US and I came across Prosper.com. I was just approved 5 minutes ago so I'm setting my profile up now. You can connect with friends and family to "endorse" each other as encouragement to potential lenders to bid on your loan.

Check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Previous

I'm loaded.
It's official.
I'm the 438,441,955 richest person on earth!



How rich are you? >>